Efficient Installation of Google Tag for Conversion Tracking
Maybe you have never heard about the term Google Tag Manager? It is a frее tag managеmеnt solution, that allows us to managе all our wеbsitе’s tags at onе placе. With thе hеlp of Googlе Tag Managеr, wе can savе a lot of timе and work if wе arе using various tags .The Google Ads tracking conversions tag is one of the most important tags provided in GTM. This tag lets you keep track of website conversions, such as when a customer buys something or joins your email list, etc. Learn more about Google Tag, how to install Google Tags, and how to convert Google Tags in this article.
What is Google Tag?
You may track visitor activity and website activities on your website by using Google Tag. It is a small piece of Java Script Code. it is the best way to measure the results of your website working. It is a helpful tool which is used to improve user experience, monitor the effectiveness of your marketing strategies, and evaluate how effectively your website is working. you can use this feature for all these things, such as:
- Page Views
- Button Clicks
- Form Submissions
- Product purchases
- Video Views
- Scroll Depth
- User Engagement
- And More
Users can get access to information collected by Google Tags using Google Analytics, the free website analytics tool. very deep data on user behaviour, website traffic, and conversion rates are available with the help of Google Analytics.
Google Tag should be taken into consideration by any owner of a website or marketers who want to improve the functioning of their website and track the effectiveness of their marketing efforts.
The following are a few advantages of utilising Google Tags:
- Accuracy: Google Tag helps make your tracking more reliable and accurate.
- Flexibility: You may customise Google Tag to meet your specific needs and use it to track a variety of activities.
- Scalability: Google Tag may be utilised for monitoring any size of website, from tiny blogs to large e-commerce sites.
- Usefulness: even when you have no previous experience with coding, Google Tag is easy for setting up and utilising.
We suggest you use this tool if you аrе vеry serious about your website pеrformancе and if you want to improve it by measuring the rеsults givеn by Googlе Tags. With thе hеlp of this tool, you can gеt your targets complеtеd bеcausе it is very easy and flexible to use.
Installation of Google Ads Conversion Tracking Tags
You must add the Google Ads conversion tracking tag in GTM.
- Register for Google Tag Manager.
- Make a conversion action for Google Ads.
- On your website, install the Google Tag Manager box code.
- Create a GTM conversion tracking tag for Google Ads.
- Set the Google Ads conversion tracking tag to activate on the proper website pages.
- Post your revisions to GTM.
The following points will help you install the Google Tag for conversion tracking effectively:
- start using a tag management tool, such as Google Tag Manager. In the future, managing and updating your conversion tracking tags will be simple as a result.
- For each sort of conversion, you wish to track, create a different conversion action. This will make it simple to find out how many conversions are being produced by each sort of conversion.
- To check that your conversion tracking tags are working properly, use the Google Tag Assistant.
- to make sure that your tags are still working properly or not, keep a regular check on the data given by conversion tracking tags.
- For making it easy to manage and update your conversion tracking tags, in future use a tag management tool.
Step-by-Step Guide on how to install the Google Tag for conversion tracking in Google Tag Manager
- Create a Google Tag Manager Account
To create a free Google Tag Manager Account, go to:
- Create a Google Ads conversion action
To create a Google Tags conversion action, sign into your Google Ads account and go to Tools and Settings> Conversions. Then, click the + button and select the website.
Follow the instructions to create your conversion action. Make sure that you give a detailed name and have selected the right conversion category.
- Install the Google Tag manager container code on your website
You need to install the Google Tag manager container code on your website, once you create a Google Tag manager account and Google Ads conversion account.
For doing this, you need to go to your Google Tag manager account and click Admin> Container. Then, click on the Install Google Tag manager button.
Oncе thе Googlе Tag Managеr is installеd, you can sее thе codе shown on thе nеxt pagе, and you must copy and pastе it into the header and footer part of your website.
- Create a Google Ads conversion tracking tag in GTM
Go to the Google Tag manager account, click on Tags> New, for creating Google Ads conversion tracking tag in GTM.
Then click on Google Ads conversion tracking. After selecting it, enter your conversion id in the field “Conversion ID”. You must have received the id from your Google Ads conversion action.
Enter your Conversion label in the field “Conversion Label”. You must have received it from your Google Ads conversion action.
- Configure the Google Ads conversion tracking tag to fire on the appropriate pages of your website.
You nееd to crеatе a triggеr to do thе samе:
For doing this click on thе click on thе triggering tab and select the triggеr which you want to usе. For еxamplе, if you want thе tag to firе, when someone makes a purchase, then you should choose thе purchase trigger.Now, whеn you аrе done with all thе above stеps. Your next step is to publish, or we can say save the changes that you have done to the GTM.
For doing this, click on the Submit Button and then click Publish.
The Google Ads conversion tracking tag on your website will be installed when you finally publish your changes.
We will discuss some additional tips to efficiently install the Google Ads Conversion tracking tag:
- For your Google tag manager conversion tracking tag, preferably use the pre- designed templates, so that you can save your time and avoid making errors.
- For making your tags more dynamic and reusable, try using the variables in your Google tags manager conversion tracking tags.
- Before you publish your Google tags manager conversion tracking tags, check them deeply at least once.
- To make sure that your Google tags manager conversion tracking tags are still working properly, all you need to do is just monitor them frequently.
You may successfully install the Google Tag for conversion tracking in Google Tag Manager by paying attention to the advice in the above article. This will enable you to monitor website conversions, such as when a customer buys anything or joins your email list. For accurate evaluation of the performance of your marketing initiatives and budget allocation choices, conversion tracking is important. You may quickly and simply add and manage each conversion tracking tag separately using Google Tag Manager.